In July of 2022 The LGO Lens Podcast presented a seven part series on the NYSPRA v. Bruen SCOTUS opinion. Joining us for this series were attorneys Mark Oknyansky, Hunter Starr, and Lara Smith. The series is chocked full of different angles and keen insights. Some of the concepts covered included the following:
– The limits of Justice Thomas’ writing
– Clarifications within the concurring opinions
– The end of May-Issue Licensing Schemes
– The opinion not being a landslide victory for gun rights
– The history of racism with American gun laws
– The importance of the relationship between the Bruen and Dobbs opinions.